2017 STIHL MS 150 C-E
Call for Price
Lightweight rear handled chain saw for professionals
The MS 150 C-E is STIHL’s lightest rear-handled, gas-powered chain saw for professional and arborist use. Featuring the Easy2Start™ system for effortless starting, it has an optimum power-to-weight ratio, low vibrations, up to 20% less fuel consumption and a 70% emissions reduction. This saw is the perfect tool for tree pruning and other professional use.
- Displacement (cc): 23.6
- Power output (kW/bhp): 1.0/1.3
- Weight (kg / lbs): 2.8 / 6.2
- Bar options (in): 12
- STIHL Easy2Start (E): A genuine advance in easy starting. STIHL Easy2Start (E) cuts the effort required to start the tool by half, while the starter cord can be pulled at just one third of the normal force. All it takes is 2 fingers and a gentle pull action.
- STIHL anti-vibration system: Precisely calculated buffer zones minimise the transfer of engine and saw chain vibrations to the front and rear handles. The chainsaw therefore runs noticeably smoother. This allows the user to save their strength and work longer.
- Reduced-emission engine technology: 2-stroke engine with stratified charge. A fuel-free layer of air is created between the burned charge in the combustion chamber and the fresh charge in the crankcase, reducing the amount of fuel lost during the charge cycle. This results in more power with a lower weight, up to 20% lower fuel consumption than regular 2-stroke engines and significantly reduced exhaust emissions.
- Advanced combustion technology: Four overflow channels swirl the fuel-air mix before ignition, allowing for optimum combustion and highly efficient performance. The result is lower fuel consumption and high torque across a broad rpm range.
- Tool free fuel caps: Special caps to open and close the tank cap quickly, easily and without tools.
- Compensator: This controller in the carburettor prevents the fuel-air mixture getting richer as the air filter becomes clogged. The correct quantity of fuel is delivered to the carburettor depending on the quantity of air passing through the air filter. This keeps the fuel/air ratio in the combustion mixture constant and hence also the engine power. The filter doesn't need to be cleaned until an appreciable drop in power occurs.
- STIHL Ematic System: Compared to conventional bars without Ematic, the STIHL Ematic system reduces the consumption of chain lubricant by up to 50 %, depending on the type of wood and the cutting attachment used. This system comprises a STIHL Ematic or Ematic S guide bar, a STIHL Oilomatic saw chain and a variable-flow or reduced-flow oil pump. As a result, virtually every drop of chain lubricant is delivered to exactly the right spot.
- Manual fuel pump (Purger): STIHL chainsaws and pole pruners with manual fuel pumps allow improved starting with a reduced number of starting pulls. Pressing the primer fills the carburettor control chamber with fuel. This ensures that there is sufficient fuel present to create an ignitable air-fuel mix on starting, requiring significantly fewer starting pulls.
- Side-mounted chain tensioning: The tensioning screw can be found on the side of chain saw through the sprocket cover. This removes the need for contact with the sharp saw chain.
- 23.6 cc
- Horse Power
- 1.0 kW (1.3 bhp)
- 2.8 kg (6.2 lb.)
- Bar Length Options
- 12 in.